Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Fun!

Well, it has been a fun end to October. Kaitlyn had a musical performance with the whole third grade this week. It was entitled "Pirates" and it was very cute. Here they are at either the Wednesday night performance or the Friday afternoon performance; I am not sure which.

The only thing about it was that since they had a performance on Halloween, pretty much the entire third grade wore their pirate costume for the parade. They scheduled the musical and the parade back to back in the afternoon. So Kaitlyn didn't even get to wear her real costume at school. Not to mention the fact that there were about 95 pirates just in third grade alone...Ah, well.

Madelyn sat with her class during the performance. She is a unicorn/pegasus. Cute! Bronson waited for the parade to start and wasn't happy that I wouldn't let him run around crazy!


Madelyn and Kaitlyn in the parade. One by one each class walks through each classroom and picks up more people until they have gone through every room and the whole school is in line. Cute if you get to see your kids early and then leave. Not so much this time. Madelyn's class was one of the first and Kaitlyn's class was at the tail end. Ah, well...

My three kids posing in their Halloween shirts. Mom made a Halloween dinner since it was on Friday night and we didn't have to hurry home for baths etc...It was relaxing and fun. Very Halloween~ey including dinner in a pumpkin!

And now we are ready to go trick~or~treating. I made some errors in hurrying to get to Mom's house before the heavy traffic in their neighborhood. They can get upwards of 1000+ trick~or~treaters each year. The police come and direct traffic and people all night starting at about 5:00pm. Bronson was a cowboy just like last year only this time he wore the horse instead of riding the stick horse. Kaitlyn was Gabriella from HSM, of course. And Madelyn was the girly equivalent of Bronson's horse as a unicorn. The only thing was it was so hot outside that I wanted to dress them cooler. Last year Bronson wore a long sleeved flannel shirt and long pants. This year he kept the Halloween shirt and shorts on. I meant for Madelyn to wear a leotard and some shorts under her unicorn, but I forgot them at home. So she was probably a little warm at the end. They had fun. I made sure they said "trick~or~treat" at each home since some kids were just walking up to the door with their bags open. And they said "Thank You" and "Happy Halloween" as they were leaving each house. We also only hit about 20-25 homes. Just my parents street and a few other homes. They were tired and we had enough candy.
Since we left our house unattended to take our own kids out, I put a sign on the door and a bucket of candy out. I don't think our neighborhood got too many kids though b/c we still had a lot of candy left when we got home. Ah, well....

6 comments:

meghannamarie said...

The kids looked great and Kaitlyn looked great as the pirate too! I love that you got a picture of Grandma on your blag I just might steal the pic. and just have in on my computer! That is so wierd that you had candy left over at home I thougth for sure the first kid would have dumped the whole thing into his bag! And I LOVE your new background!

Laura said...

FUN! OUr schools won't let the kids dress up because of the JW's! HATE THAT! I miss the little parade!

Kandice and Rob said...

Such cute kids! That makes me laugh to think of the entire third grade all dressed as pirates. I like the over-the-shoulder horse & unicorn!

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun, I envy the "small" town folks! Just not the same in central Phoenix. Rachel

Carrick family said...

Oh fun!!! I love halloween parade at school. So much fun! Cute customes your kids got!

Frasure Family said...

so cute! I wish once again we didn't live so far away!