Friday, March 27, 2009

I'm A Total Slacker...

Holy crap people. I have not blogged in forever. Here is my list of excuses for why I have been a negligent blogger: 1) My life is so boring nothing is blog worthy these days. 2) Facebook. 3) I have been sick with either allergies or some mild flu for at least a week. 4) My kids had it before me. 5) It was Spring Break. 6) At the beginning of Spring Break we went to Mesa to help my brother move to a new house and I took a lot of pics of that but thought it was THEIR right/privilege to blog about that and have not blogged about it here. 7) I have not had ANY energy for months. I thought it was coming back last week one day but it only lasted that one day and then I became sluggish again. 8) I'm still sluggish. 9) My house is a wreck due to said sluggishness and I have had to pay some attention to it. 10) (Insert whatever judgemental thought & opinions you have of why I have been neglectful recently)...I am sure you are more right than this pitiful list of excuses. Anyway, a few weeks ago we decided to pull out The Goonies and watch it together as a family. Here's why: we had been playing way too much on facebook and I had taken several 80's movie quizzes to test my knowledge of being a true 80's child; something I pride myself on. So one quiz was entirely made up of questions from the movie The Goonies. I had NEVER seen this movie. (Yes, I repeat N.E.V.E. R.) so I asked Jeff to come help me take the quiz so I could still get a 100%. He had a better idea. Why not just watch the movie and then take the quiz so that I would know the answers? So we did. The kids loved it. I thought it was okay but probably would have liked it a lot when I was 11. Jeff also made shakes for our enjoyment. Here are the kids watching and drinking their shakes.

3 comments:

Kimmy said...

did you know that chris' dad worked on the movie, goonies, back in the day? how funny. it's a classic 80's movie.
so how come youre so sluggish? are you sick? sorry to hear that. hope things get better! tell jeff and the kids hi for me! xoxo

raedene said...

Omigosh! I LOVE Goonies! I'm so glad you finally saw it! I seriously watched it every weekend for years. Maybe I need to rent that one... :) It's been too long... :) Hope you feel better soon. If you figure out how to get some more energy, pass along the secret, huh?

Michele said...

I really liked goonies as a kid. There are lots of movies from that time period that were great, but when I see them now, I don't want my kids to see them until they are older. Goonies falls into that category, partly because they have bad dreams and partly because of the content. I know they would love it though and wouldn't notice the stuff that I notice as an adult.