Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Redneck Love Poem

Susie Lee done fell in love,
She planned to marry Joe.
She was so happy 'bout it all,
She told her Pappy so.

Pappy told her, Susie gal,
You'll have to find another,
I'd just as soon yo' ma don't know
But Joe is yo' half brother.

So Susie put aside her Joe
And planned to marry Will.
But after telling Pappy this
He said, There's trouble still.

Yo' can't marry Will, my gal,
And please don't tell yo' mother.
But Will and Joe and several mo'
I know is yo' half brother.

But Mama knew and said, my child,
Just do what makes yo' happy.
Marry Will or marry Joe,
Yo' ain't no kin to Pappy.

HAPPY FEBRUARY!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OK, now that is funny! Ryan and I both enjoyed a good laugh at that one..thanks! Then he proceeded to tell me how funny you and your mom both were, so he was not surprised that the humor has continued! He has great memories with your family..still so funny that we ended up in the MTC together after that! Good times!!

Hatch's said...

Amber,
I am glad that Ryan remembers us! We had some good times with him and Elder Rex and his trainer...I can't remember his name. Plus you being in the MTC at the same time helped me not be so scared and homesick! Thanks!

raedene said...

Thanks for the smile. :)