Monday, December 3, 2007

Its My Birthday...

Real quick woohoo for me ; ) So far I am enjoying this day for the mere fact that it happens to be special. However, nothing special has happened to me so far. I will say that I did LOVE the email I got from my brother and sister-in-law and the phone calls I got from Sandy and my sister. My dad also happened to mention as a side note, "Happy Birthday, Monica." which was appreciated. What I am happy about is that I just watched the cutest movie I've seen in a long time.
Now first let me say that I liked this movie on a different level than Hairspray (which happens to be the best movie of the year) and I also LOVED Enchanted (pretty much the second best movie of the year). This was a movie of a genre that I do love to watch; World War II especially the Nazi/holocaust experiences/tragedies. Though it can take its toll on me when I begin to obsess about the things I see in the movies...I have never researched the Holocaust, and don't know that I ever will but sometimes I wonder how much in the movies is reflected closely by history or if they can even show how awful it really was; even in the worst versions. I don't like the ones that are extremely graphic and horrific.
Life Is Beautiful was the sweetest film. That guy, Roberto Benigni, is awesome. He might have just been added to my list... ; ) just kidding! I am happy that I was able to sit down and relax and watch something so sweet and romantic. This movie was made in 1998, yes I am slow. You probably all already know how great this movie is. The reason I hadn't watched it before is that I knew it was a foreign film-read: spoken completely in Italian- and I am not one to quickly read through two hours of subtitles and still be able to follow the plot line of a movie. However, now that I almost never watch a movie without the subtitles included; which happens to be the reason Jeff and I don't watch movies together any more; I have become a speed (movie) reader and was able to enjoy it. If you get the chance to watch it or re-watch it, do!
I am not sure what else I will do today. Hopefully something grand, but we'll see. Happy My Birthday to all! Love you and all that good stuff.
P.S. Also happy to hear from Cher as well. She rocks!

3 comments:

meghannamarie said...

Parker says happy birthday too!

Holly Child said...

Happy Birthday, crazy Monica!!! :o)

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Mon, you know I wouldn't forget the most important day of your year we were having difficulty yesterday so better 1 day late than never.