Friday, February 1, 2008

For Yvonne!

Its February now...which means I get to put up my Valentine's Day quilt. I made this in 2001 (I think). I love it because every one of the corners matches up perfectly...Okay don't look closely because some of them are off a little bit but its really close. I love using red fabrics...I love doing straight lines and I love doing simple patterns that you repeat over and over again....I love this quilt! Also, a couple of years ago when my Aunt Emmy was suffering from cancer in Florida. I sent this blanket to her to take with her to chemo. She loved it and gave it back to me when she passed away. I like to think that she knew of my love for her when she used this blanket. Now I am posting it to bring some luck to my friend in Hawaii, Yvonne, who is expecting identical twin girls very soon this month. She loves to quilt and I hope this quilt shows her how much I love her too! Good luck with your delivery and your baby girls. Love, Monica
Also, the other day I made cookies for my dad's birthday and they were perfect. I have never had cookies turn out as good as these..taste and presentation wise. Since it is now February I get to make cookies again...Just because I like to bake cookies in February. I puts me in a lovey-dovey mood. Cookies are love! Happy February everyone! Love, Monica




3 comments:

Holly Child said...

What a lovely quilt!! I love the color red too! :o) And those cookies look DELISH!!! What's the recipe? ;o)

Hatch's said...

The recipe is from the lid of the Quaker oatmeal...or you can go to www.quakeroatmeal.com and search Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies...I substitute the raisins for ch. chips of course...Also I have modified this recipe a little bit (I think because of living in CO) which is what I used for this batch and will forever use from now on...so I will scan that and send it to you...or I can post it!!!

Yvonne Anderson said...

Hi LOVE the quilt. Wouldn't it be fun to get together someday and do a quilting session? I think though my quilting days are on the shelf for awhile. Two little girls take up A LOT of time but they are sooooo worth it!