Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Time To Move!

I found one of these in my laundry room last night and had to kill it. This is the closest picture I could find on the net that matched.
Okay let me say I know that tarantulas are the "nice" kind of spider, but when they are in my house I don't care if they are the Mother Theresa of spiders...they are going to die. And in my defense I didn't know it was a tarantula until this morning when I was thinking about what [the spider] looked like and the thought crossed my mind. I also showed it to Jeff (yes, I saved it until he could come home to identify it for me...and throw it away) and he said it was a tarantula.
All I know is that you don't find tarantulas, scorpions, or cockroaches in Colorado. I'm thinking its time to bid farewell to good ol' AZ.
Disclaimer: You all know I am just being melo-dramatic. We aren't going to move. (Even though it is true what I said about the bugs.)

10 comments:

The Benfields said...

I wouldn't be able to sleep ever again if I saw that in my house! You are one brave lady!

Hatch's said...

Cher-Yeah it took me about two hours to come down from the horror of seeing/killing it...and I now have to have all the lights on whenever I am entering a room and I am wearing shoes everywhere.

The Waits Gate said...

Holy Cow that thing is huge! I didn't know they lived in Arizona! I would have freaked out and probably tried to get one of the boys to kill it. (Which they wouldn't have)That thing is nasty! Yeah I think it's time to move! Scorpions too? I don't think I'd know what to do.

meghannamarie said...

That is awesome!! I can't believe you killed a tranchula. I would much rather live with scorpions than cockroaches anyday!

Hatch's said...

Amelia-all the kids were in bed and I was trying not to scream and wake them up...also I have been bitten by scorpions a few times so I would have been okay with finding one of those but i just don't want my kids to get bit.
Megan-I know. I have felt guilty about it for two days now. I would rather live without any bugs.

Kandice and Rob said...

Ooooohhhh... no thanks!! If it's bigger than a cricket I can't kill it myself because there's too much guts & stuff. It would be like stepping on a small dog. :) You'd have to kinda bounce up & down on it. What did you have to do, shoot it? Those things are huge!

Holly Child said...

I would have DIED had I seen that in my house!! I'm all for you moving back to CO! Think you can talk Jeff into it?!!?!? ;o)

Frasure Family said...

no way! i can hardly kill a daddy long leg!! I would have freaked out!!! I would have called an exterminator!!! I hope I can sleep now tonight!

Kimmy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimmy said...

i can't believe you were able to kill it. i think i would have left the house and waited until jeff got home. i would have FREAKED out. i can't even kill little spiders..OMG. HOW did you kill it anyway??? with a shovel? my gosh its huge. i told chris i wanted to move last night after we come home and i find two cockroaches sqirming around the house. i LOATHE bugs, spiders, anything. you were certainly brave.
i am planning to come this weekend alone...hope that is alright.