Saturday, July 26, 2008

100th Post!

I have been anxiously approaching my 100th post and it is finally here. I wanted to do something fun to celebrate while at the same time I didn't want to do anything b/c I knew it would take forever to type it all out etc. I decided to go ahead. For my 100th post I am going to do 50 favorite movie quotes and who says them in what movie...Since I love movies and all things show business. They may not be the most famous line of that movie and you might not have even heard of the movie b/c they are MY faves, but indeed there are 50 lines and 50 actors characters who said them. Why did I not do 100 lines? B/C I would have had to come up with 50 more lines and I was tired of it! Also, I was raised almost singularly watching Disney movies. No apologies, just FYI! Here we go:

1. Why, you crazy? The fall'll probably kill ya!
2. Kids, whatever you do, do not chew on the window sills.
3. Why do I get the girl gun?
4. Seven children?
5. Whoever said orange is the new pink is seriously disturbed.
6. Dancing. Even if one's partner is barely tolerable.
7. Nice falsies. What do you use?
8. This looks like a snake!
9. Grace has Bob's dead wife's heart!
10. There's no crying in baseball!
11. Mama, you don't have to worry anymore. I got my tiger.
12. Well, you don't shave your ear either but last week you cut it.
13. Look at you. You have your own climate.
14. Come along Celia. This is no place for a lady.
15. !Hola! Pedro.
16. All I ask, Your Majesties, is that you show them the same courtesy that they have bestowed upon me.
17. Death comes unexpectedly!
18. Trust in me. Just in me.
19. What's not to love?
20. Well, hip hip hooray. And don't stumble on your way out deary.
21. I'd bite off her nose. Then she wouldn't look like you.
22. Mr. Elton, any hopes I had in regards to you were for Harriet and Harriet alone.
23. These are my stretchy pants.
24. The girl from the bookstore; its Annie.
25. Happy Birthday!
26. I'm not a squirrel! I'm a boy.
27. Did somebody call for a Doctor?
28. Meredith, you have a freak flag. You just don't fly it.
29. He's only mostly dead.
30. You have a baby. In a bar!
31. Bolivia. Thats a country, stupid!
32. Oh, come on, Andie. You could barf all over a guy and he would say, "Do it again."
33. Sorry, Little Darlin'. I hope I didn't dent your 'do.
34. It's a [male] plane. Did you see the little balls?
35. Did you ever notice how much Tess looks like...?
36. It's because I have these incredible boobs to fill it out!
37. Now that is an affectionate father; looking for his little boy. I never knew my father. (sobs)
38. She's not knocked kneed, Nancy.
39. Papa said you were all for Joe Carter. Until you saw a copy of his newspaper. Found out he's a Repubican.
40. I thought he said we were the enemy.
41. I wanna make a wish on that star...that my father would go somewhere and get lost. Just for a little while, you understand.
42. Don't you race cars ever just drive?
43. Kid, the next time I say, "Let's go some place like Bolivia." let's GO some place like Bolivia.
44. If he'd just pay me what he's spending to make me stop robbing him, I'd stop robbing him!
45. And I'm gonna rearrange your teeth.
46. But I wipe my own a**. I wipe my own a**!
47. He's trying to grin down a bear.
48. I just don't want to be known as Bernice Matisse.
49. You just can't help yourself can you? You are irresistible.
50. They don't sound like they're in no good shape now. Damnit double negative.
Answers:
1. Paul Newman in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
2. Joan Cusack in Raising Helen
3. Angelina Jolie in Mr. & Mrs. Smith
4. Julie Andrews in The Sound of Music
5. Reese Witherspoon in Legally Blonde
6. Kiera Knightly in Pride and Prejudice
7. Alec Mapa in Connie and Carla
8. Cary Grant in Father Goose
9. Bonnie Hunt in Return To Me
10. Tom Hanks in A League of Their Own
11. Kevin Corcoran in Swiss Family Robinson
12. Leslie Ann Warren in The Happiest Millionaire
13. Billy Crystal (Mike Wazowski) in Monsters, Inc.
14. Susan Clark in The Apple Dumpling Gang
15. Malin Akerman in 27 Dresses
16. Drew Barrymore in Ever After
17. Karl Malden in Pollyanna
18. Sterling Holloway (Kaa-the snake) in The Jungle Book
19. James Marsden in Enchanted
20. Hermione Baddeley in Mary Poppins
21. uncredited actress Roommate of Susan Evers in The Parent Trap
22. Gwyneth Paltrow in Emma
23. Jack Black in Nacho Libre
24. Steve Carrell in Dan in Real Life
25. James Macdonald (Gus Gus-the fat mouse) in Cinderella
26. Rickie Sorensen (Arthur; Wart) in The Sword in the Stone
27. Brad Pitt in Ocean's Eleven
28. Luke Wilson in The Family Stone
29. Billy Crystal in The Princess Bride
30. Reese Witherspoon in Sweet Home Alabama
31. Paul Newman in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
32. Kathryn Hahn in How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days
33. Zac Efron in Hairspray
34. Martin Short in Three Amigos
35. Matt Damon in Ocean's Twelve
36. Jennifer Garner in 13 Going On 30
37. Barry Humphries (Bruce-the shark) in Finding Nemo
38. Jimmy Mathers in Summer Magic
39. Kurt Russell in The One and Only Genuine Original Family Band
40. Whoopi Goldberg (Shenzi -the hyena) in The Lion King
41. Michael Anderson Jr. in In search of the Castaways
42. Bonnie Hunt (Sally-the porsche) in Cars
43. Paul Newman in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
44. Paul Newman in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
45. Aileen Quinn in Annie
46. Cole Sprouse in Big Daddy
47. Buddy Ebsen in Davy Crockett, King of the Wild Frontier
48. Mae Whitman in Hope Floats
49. Mel Gibson in Maverick
50. Sylvester Stallone in Oscar

3 comments:

meghannamarie said...

WOW how long did that take? Awesome lines though. I am sure you could come up with 50 really good friends lines!Go ahead and try it!

Amy said...

Holy cow! I don't think I've seen that many movies! Good work. Now I want to go watch a movie . . .

Holly Child said...

I'm with meghan, go for the 50's friends lines!!! That was fun to read. There were only a few that I got initially, but after reading the answers, I was like, "duh!" Taken out of context though, and just reading them and not hearing them some of them were hard!! :o) Fun, fun!!