Thursday, July 24, 2008

~Girls Night Out~

Okay, I am going to do alot of catch up this time since I have been neglecting my blog. There has been much going on around here and I have been taking pics to put up here but I just have not been motivated to get off my butt and do it. So before too much more happens I thought I would get a few out of the way.


My mom had a "girly party" for all four of her granddaughters (ages 1 to 8) last weekend. She planned sooo much. It was actually based on the Fancy Nancy books. But most of the stuff she had for the girls to do was Disney Princess since they are EVERYWHERE! When they got there, she read them one of the Fancy Nancy stories. They sat there so excited to listen and be at Grandma's. Then they had an activity. I think they all got dressed up fancy. Mom got them all tiaras and feather boas and magic wands and jewelry. They loved it.

Games were played including pin the tiara on the princess, making paper dolls (even though they were from a soft foam), beading necklaces and of course eating fancy foods.



Emie particularly loved the cupcakes.

They even had a princess pinata.
And got to play in the freshly painted playhouse.
We finished up the night with homemade pizzas, individual Haagen Dazs ice cream and a slumber party watching BOTH Princes Diaries movies until the girls er...moms all fell asleep. Did those girls ever fall asleep?! (wink, wink)

I am happy to report that everyone got along. We all had fun and the girls were even excited to have Grandma "do it again next year!" Mom, are you up to it?

3 comments:

meghannamarie said...

It was fun hopefully she will do it again next summer even for an afternoon party! Great pictures!

Kandice and Rob said...

Did she have to be instituationalized afterward? ;) That's alotta girls & activities!

Carrick family said...

Hey, that is so sweet of ur mom doing the girls night. My girls would love that! Fun for u girls! Ur girls are cute! Hey, I don't have Jones's address but I can email Daniel & ask for their address. They are doing great!