Saturday, August 16, 2008

Seven Days Without Posting Makes One Weak

First off I have to apologize for the sacrilege in my post title...if you have heard the original phrase that goes with it you will know what I mean.
Apparently I have been away for too long. I am sorry, Megan. It takes a very long time for my pics from my digi cam to upload since we have about 650 images on it. So that is why I have been reluctant to post anything new. I do have some things in mind to post but I am waiting for the patience in the uploading to come...I did however make a delicious dinner the other night which I thought I could share...This is a first for me...posting a recipe not making a delicious dinner although you might ask my family and they would say something different.

I got it from the Kraft foods recipe book I get in the mail about four times a year. If you want to recieve these free recipe collections go here and sign up. It takes about a month or so but then you get them automatically...
Its called Fiesta Chicken Enchiladas. Its soooo easy and sooo good

Prep Time:15 min
Total Time:35 min
Makes:4 servings, two enchiladas each

1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
4 cooked small chicken breasts (about 1 lb.), shredded
1 cup TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Thick 'N Chunky Salsa, divided
4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed
1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 cup KRAFT Shredded Cheddar & Monterey Jack Cheese, divided
8 TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Flour Tortillas

PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Heat large skillet spayed with cooking spray on medium heat. Add onions and garlic; cook and stir 2 min. Add chicken, 1/4 cup of the salsa, cream cheese, cilantro and cumin; mix well. Cook until heated through, stirring occasionally. Add 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese; mix well.
SPOON about 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture onto each tortilla; roll up. Place, seam-side down, in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; top with remaining 3/4 cup salsa and remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
BAKE 15 to 20 min. or until heated through.
Extra Tips
Size-Wise
Enjoy this spicy meal, but keep an eye on portion size.
Shortcut
Substitute 2 pkg. (6 oz. each) OSCAR MAYER Oven Roasted Chicken Breast Cuts for the cooked shredded chicken.
Special Extra
For a spicier flavor, add 1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies, drained, to the filling mixture and prepare as directed.
I of course did not use their kind of tortillas. I just use what I have..I also use our favorite kind of salsa which is Herdez (her-DEEZ~as we say in our house) its from Mexico and my roommate from Mexico told me a long time ago that its the best so I tried it and agreed. Plus she is an expert.
I also made homemade guacamole to go with it. We have to load up our kids' meals with as many calories as we can think of to make them maintain their weight, so sour cream and guac are staples in our house...So here is the recipe for that:
Guacamole
2 avacados, mashed
1/4 C. qoiurenlkjh
3 Tbsp. kdhigjoisdfu

2Tbsp. sakhfj

1 sdjhfjksadh
salt and pepper

Combine all ingredients and mix well. Chill for 1-2 hours tightly covered. Serve with tortilla chips. Makes about 2 cups

I forgot that that recipe is a favorite in our family and we have kind of made it a secret so I cannot give it to you...BUT I will tell you that if you go to Chipotle Grill or whatever it is called they will tell what is in theirs which is also good!

2 comments:

Kandice and Rob said...

Kdhigjoisdfu is one of my favorite ingredients.

meghannamarie said...

Yummy it looks so good! I am impressed! I am also glad you didn't accidentally put the Guac recipe on there yikes. It is our own little secret! I fully admit that you taught me how to make it though!