Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sadness

Well after fighting cancer for some time and just barely making that public, a great actor has died. They just don't make 'em like that anymore. Paul Newman was talented, funny, handsome and repsectable. Plus, he starred in the GREATEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME!
All I could think was that maybe if he hadn't been a chain smoker (which he admitted), he might have lived longer and maybe died of old age instead! Though his political views were highly liberal, he was still a decent, good man. He gave more than $200 million to charity AND he was married for more than 50 years to his beautiful wife., Joanne Woodward.


Trivia and Quotes:

He was among the celebrities on the famous "Enemies List" kept by President Richard Nixon during the Watergate scandal.

"Being on President Nixon's enemies list was the highest single honor I've ever received. Who knows who's listening to me now and what government list I'm on?"

His performance as Butch Cassidy in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969) is ranked #20 on the American Film Institute's 100 Heroes & Villains. This is a ranking which he shares with Robert Redford, who played the Sundance Kid.

Godfather of Jake Gyllenhaal.

"The embarrassing thing is that my salad dressing is out-grossing my films."

"Better than Montana ... and my wife and I found a nice cemetery here." [Why he decided to stay in Connecticut]

2 comments:

Laura said...

So sad! I DO love his dressing!

PS my bro's name is Bennett:)

Kandice and Rob said...

Go check out your sister's blog, I left a Paul Newman story comment. :)