Thursday, October 9, 2008

Wise Counsel

My Grandad Crockett was one of the greatest people I have ever known. I think he was even one of the greatest people this world has seen. I don't think I have ever heard a single person tell an unkind story of him. I am the oldest grandchild so I was lucky to have the most memories of him (the way I look at it anyway). It has been more than four years since he died and I still miss him. I still remember a story my Grandma told me once about Grandad. This was after he had died and I was visiting Grandma and talking about my husband. She said...

You know, our husbands are made so strong and solid. They support us when life gets hard. And they are there to lift us up when we are down. They are our rock for us to stand on. But sometimes they seem more like a tiny pebble in our shoe!
This is how I feel today.
Like Grandma, I do love my husband. Very much.
But..

3 comments:

meghannamarie said...

I love wise old people advice! Grandma and Grandad are part of a great generation who is dieing off and then what will we have left!

Laura said...

haha I hear ya ;)

Unknown said...

OK, that is funny! I need to remember that one! Grandma wisdom is always the best kind!! Hey, what did you decide to do about interpreting for that guy? It sounds like I was for sure in the minority, so I am curious as to how it turns out! Take care