Friday, February 6, 2009

He Saw His Shadow...

Well, our metaphorical groundhog has finally emerged and in fact has seen his shadow. Last night Jeff went in to work and was on the list of the people who will still have employment at FMI. Looks like our days of gloom will be erased by days full of sunshine for a while. I am proud of Jeff for being the kind of employee that this company likes to keep on board. I am so blessed to have a hard working husband. One who sacrifices for his family and loves us to boot!
I also know that fasting and prayers work as many of you have been keeping us in your prayers. I am thankful to each of you for being mindful of our situation and that of our community. Hopefully the economy will turn around and the opportunity for work will begin to increase again. Please keep those who were not as fortunate as Jeff in your prayers as this is an even more difficult time for them.

9 comments:

Dan and LaVon said...

Yea Yea Yea You were the first thought that came into my head this morning. Hurray Hurray it is a happy day

Frasure Family said...

That is wonderful!! What a blessing! The Lord knows what we each need!

Rachel said...

That's great! I've been wondering about you guys, but I didn't want to ask in case it wasn't good news :) Congratulations!

Korryn said...

Yeah for you guys! I'm so glad....rough times are ahead, it is always nice to know at least you have employment...good job!

Kimmy said...

yea!!! hooray! i am so glad that jeffy was able to keep his job. but again, sad for those who didn't either. glad that everything is ok. love you guys!

The Benfields said...

Great news! Yay!

Unknown said...

yay!

raedene said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!! Smile! :) Happy day!

The Waits Gate said...

I'm glad that everything worked out! I can't believe they actually made him go to work to find out. Like, "Hey kid you made the team." That's wierd, but I'm glad he made the team. Way to work hard Jeffy!