Thursday, May 7, 2009

Woohoo For New Sheets!

I bought some new sheets the other day to go with our new bed quilt. I bought the 400 thread count set from Walmart b/c it was only a few dollars more for the higher thread count than the 200. Also, this is the first time since we got married that we have bought new sheets. We bought one set after exchanging some other wedding gifts. I am sure we got them at Walmart but I don't know what the thread count was. We have a couple hand-me-down sets from my mom and from Jeff's mom. So I put them on and made my bed and that night I got into bed...Jeff was working that night so I had the bed to myself. HOLY FREAKIN' SOFT! I can not believe how soft and smooth those new sheets are. I slept all over the bed that night just to get the full effect. The next morning I said to Jeff, "If I had realized how awesome it was to sleep on new sheets, we might have a bunch more sheet sets than we do."




I also bought a couple new throw pillows. I am not sure about how they go with the quilt but I like them enough to keep them anyway.

7 comments:

meghannamarie said...

I loovvee new sheets, they are the best thing ever! I think the black sheets look great with the bed! I don't like the little pillows though:) Just Kidding! What does Jeff think?

Marisa said...

I like the black pillows with the quilt!

Rachel said...

Trust me...it's not just that they're new sheets...it's the high thread count! I love high thread count sheets! And, the more you wash them the better they get! I started buying them a few years ago and I'm hooked :)

Kimmy said...

very nice...i like the black pillows, they are a nice contrast with the quilt.

Jen said...

I agree with the others, I like the pillows! Sheets are such a nice treat! Also, the strawberries are so easy to make..place chocolate chips in a coffee mug and pour about 1 tsp of half & half in. Place in microwave for 30 seconds, then stir with a butterknife. Continue to microwave (then stir) in 30 second intervals until melted and at a consistency you like. Add about 1/4 tsp of unsalted butter and stir to melt. I actually used salted-it's what I had. You don't have to do this step, but they do set up much better if you do. Dip clean, dry strawberries or pretzels, marshmallows, other fruit, whatever and place on wax paper on cookie tray. Place in fridge for 15-20 minutes and then ENJOY! Let me know how they turn out!

Jen said...

I know that was a random post...sheets and a recipe for chocolate covered strawberries! Funny, oh well! :)

raedene said...

Your pillows and quilt and bed are super cute! I'm jealous!
The previous post, with the mud... I would have absolutely flipped out!!! The pictures are priceless though.... Good times....