Wednesday, August 12, 2009

First Day Of School~2009!

Friday I was able to check the class lists at the school and find out who the girls' teacher would be this year. Yesterday was "Meet the Teacher" night. After much thought I decided to go ahead and bathe them a little early so they woul db clean to meet their teachers not just for the first day. So here they are in regular play clothes but very clean. Their new school clothes are behind them on the couch. After meeting their teachers last night, I could not be happier about who each girl got. I know they are the perfect choices for my girls. And I know that this year will be great! Bronson loves jumping into the pictures! Madelyn's teacher for 1st grade is Mrs. Mindy Wilson. She was previously the school librarian, but has taught 2nd grade for 18 years and has been at their school for 26 years. She said she "runs a tight ship" so she will be perfect for Madelyn who needs some serious reigning in. She is also very nice and sweet so Madelyn will like her too!Kaitlyn's teacher is Ms. Kim Martin. She is also a member of our ward;which is why I requested her. I have seen her a few times (being stuck in Primary doesn't allow for me to get to know EVERYBODY) but she seems very good with this age of kids. For "Meet the Teacher" night she was dressed as a miner because this year the class will be studying much about Arizona's history which includes many mines being established. She said today she would look normal; she hoped she could get that grime off her face. I think her teaching style will match kaitlyn perfectly and she will also help push Kaitlyn to learn and do more. Now on to today...Kaitlyn picked out this as her first day of school outfit. I am beginning to let her decide more on her own what to wear etc...(gotta relinquish control a little at a time). WE only bought two new school outfits this year b/c Kaitlyn is growing so fast these days, thanks to her shots, that I didn't want to buy a ton of stuff that will be too short too soon. Plus we will have to buy her some new winter clothes when it gets cooler anyway. I also didn't buy any new shoes b/c they had no options when we went looking, but we can get those later too! Madelyn's first day outfit is what I would have picked out, but I let her decide. They would have closely matched today but...oh well. She will also get some newer things to wear in a couple months. She just seems so big. I also measured the girls last night but I don't think our measurements are anywhere near what they should be b/c the mark where Kaitlyn was in December (when she started the hormone shots) is only about 1 1/2 inches from last night's mark and she has grown much more than that accodring to the Dr. Two girls on the first day of school~2009! And Bronson again! He is so cute. we decided not to put him in the pre~school at the school this year. Even though it would mean more free time for me. He is just so smart already~not bragging here! I just thought that he might be ignored or not paid as much attention to b/c of the kids who are there due to IEPs. I know that the teachers have to get those kids up to a good place before sending them to kindergarten, but Bronson already knows the entire alphabet and can count to about 20. He can write his name and I didn't want to pay $60/month for him to be "ignored" even though I know he would not be completely ignored. He will be fine when he starts kindergarten next year!








Well, I don't exactly have this guy's "gusto" for today but I am excited and happy!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Cute back to school pics! Sounds like all is off to a great start this year. I totally LOVE that video! When I've seen it in the past, it definitely catches my attention! The dad's jumps and leaps are awesome! BTW, thanks for the birthday wishes and boots and "rockies" jeans memories! Too funny! The funny thing now is that I have a son who is ALL ABOUT cowboy hats and boots!

Stacy Wilson Hutchison said...

Very Cute!! They are getting so BIG!! What grade is Kaitlyn in? . . . . Im doing 2nd grade this year!! Too bad you dont live closer . . . .

meghannamarie said...

They are soo cute. I love Kaitlyn's scarf I like that you are letting her dress herself now! BTW I love that comercial I have been singing that song! Michelle is singing it with me but I think it is for a different reason!!

Amy said...

I hate letting Grace dress herself. But she's almost as tall as me now, so I can't force her into matching clothers. ;)

And $60 a month for preschool?!?!? I am so jealous!

Your kids are all so adorable. Hope we see you guys sometime soon!