Thursday, October 22, 2009

Quilts...

I finished this quilt today. I started it probably sometime in September and put it away for a while. Today all I had to do was add the borders. It wasn't hard, but time consuming. I used a jellyroll that I bought at Walmart. It was a bunch of assorted batik fabrics (already cut into 2 1/2 inch strips). I normally stay away from fabrics like batiks just because they are not my favorite look. But I was branching out. I had to decide on a pattern that used strips since that part was done for me; and when I saw this one I went with it because I have done this pattern before and knew exactly what to do. I ended up picking out a background fabric which I thought worked nicely with the other colors in the batiks. I think it looks yummy! If I were the kind of person who names her quilts I might call this one: Confetti Cake or Tutti Fruity !!!
What do you think???

5 comments:

meghannamarie said...

I like Tuti Fruiti in honor of Grandma and Jon! Oh and the quilt is AWESOME.

Marisa said...

Love the quilt! I have a jelly roll my mom bought for me just because it was named "Marisa". It's been sitting on my sewing table for about 3 years now. I even bought a book on jelly roll quilts. One of these days, I'll get to it. Good job on yours!

Frasure Family said...

Wow it looks great and yes it looks very time consuming. I wish had the patience to make something like that. Funfitti is a great name, it's my favorite cake:)

The Waits Gate said...

what is a jelly roll? I recobnize the 9 patch squares, but I've never heard of a jelly roll. It's an awesome quilt! I love batiks, but not in large quantities. This is great!

Carrick family said...

Wow, you are sooo amazing!!! YOu are so talented!! I am jealous of you! The quilt looks awesome!!