Monday, December 28, 2009

My New Kitchen!

A few weeks ago our kitchen faucet started leaking pretty badly. (It has actually leaked a little ever since we moved in but we were just living with it.) We decided that it was time to go ahead and get a new faucet. It took some convincing for Jeff to agree that it was smarter to replace the sink (which I also hated) and the counter tops (which I double hated!) at the same time rather than to replace the faucet now and later have to replace the sink and again later to replace the counter tops.
Our plan was to get some black Formica counter tops at the Home Depot and just basically switch them out. Well, HD doesn't cut the counter tops for us here and we couldn't freehand that large cut which had to be perfect, so we took them back and ended up with granite tile counter tops that cost less than the Formica. Nice! Well, that simple switching out of the counter tops turned into something much bigger, but the result is so much more worth it than it would have been with the Formica. I feel guilty that I arrange these projects for my husband (and brother-in-law and brothers) to do without knowing the real labor behind it. They were all very cooperative and helpful without complaints (at least to my face)!
Thank you so much (again) to Justin and Jeff who slaved away until this was perfect. Also thank you to Kenny, Danny, Dad and Jon who helped out a ton too! Our kitchen is YOUR kitchen. You are welcome any time and we hope you come over often.

6 comments:

garmold said...

Hi Guys! I love your kitchen! I hope you guys are enjoying Gramma being with you. I know she is at the height of her glory being with the grandkids! I Love You All!

Grandpa Gene

Rachel said...

How fun! I want a new sink/faucet too and new countertops would be wonderful! But, he says no :)

Rachel said...

Hey, quick question. Are you related to a Jim & Gwen Crockett from Prescott? One of Steven's cousins is marrying their son Jonathan.

Ruth said...

How exciting! I love home improvement projects.

meghannamarie said...

Your kitchen looks AWESOME!!!

meghannamarie said...

I espically LOVE the trim around the edge of the counter...it looks the best of it all!