Thursday, December 6, 2007

Miss Bossypants!

Since I have to create an account in order to leave a comment on Holly's blog...(something I have decided is sooo not going to happen)... That's all I need, one more user name and password crowding out my brain. I am going to add my comment to my blog for her to read...hopefully she is a regular reader.
Holly, you MUST post the recipes for all of the holiday treats you plan on making...Since you have nothing going on that week you can post one each day until you get them all or whatever...Now I sound bossy. You can post them whenever you want but do post them, pleeeeaaasssse??? I love you! ; )
I feel like sharing a memory about Holly. I have several great memories of when Holly and I were inseparable in Fort Collins, CO. My favorite one, though, is when one day she called me up and this is how it went.
Me: Hello?
Holly: Get over here now!
Me: What's going on?
Holly: Just get over here.
Me: Okay, bye.
I get to Holly's house and she thrusts something into my hands and says, "Here." I'm a little afraid of her...(just kidding!) I take what she gives me and open it up. It's a quilt. From Holly's mom. To me.
See Holly's mom loves to make quilts and always sends her things to decorate her walls and home with and Holly had told her that I love to quilt too. So she sent me one for my house. I LOVED it. Holly was not as happy! I still have it and put it out in my house every fall. It has a fall leaves pattern. Holly, do you remember this? Good times!

2 comments:

Holly Child said...

hahahahaha!!! My memory fails me a bit...that's what having three kids does to you...but reading your version of the memory seriously had me laughing so hard!! Especially the part about you being slightly afraid of me!! Oh.my.gosh! We had such fun times, didn't we! I miss you my friend!! oh, and ps....i will post the recipes on my blog! :o)

Holly Child said...

Oh, and another p.s. I don't think you have to sign up for an account to leave a message. Heather, my sister, leaves comments all the time and she doesn't have a blog at all! So there!! ;o)