Monday, February 25, 2008

No More Broken Closets

You all remember a few weeks ago when I posted about having my closet rod fall out a couple different times...Well, after that happened a few more times than I wanted to fix it...Jeff and I went to the depot and got the lumber to build the closet that was meant to be in this space...
Here is the before shot...like a blank slate...it felt a little over whelming but we had a good plan in mind how to do it...I had it all in my head
After three days of figuring, measuring, cutting, installing, painting, caulking and wiping and some band-aids (merely flesh wounds) fighting, quitting and murmuring...Here is the finished product. For about one hour this was my favorite place in the house. I just closed the door and sat in there to collect my thoughts...(I got a little high..shhh don't tell anyone!) then I had to put all our clothes back in so we could go to bed...(The calendar you see is of Brad Pitt...My honey of a husband got this for me as a surprise Christmas gift.) We used some melanine (?) and some raw pine boards to have some contrast. We have done that in other parts of our house too (around windows and doors etc). On the right side is a rod that goes all the way, plus the top shelf wraps all the way around.
Now on to new projects...

1 comments:

meghannamarie said...

Looks great! Now you can come and do my trim!!