Thursday, March 6, 2008

Five Years Old...

Don't mind the messy hair-do...we worked in the garden outside most of the day and you try to keep kids out of the dirt when you're tilling away at it yourself. Yesterday was Madelyn's fifth birthday. She looks forward to this almost as much as I do my own b-day. Not much happened during the day. Kaitlyn was at school and we are in the process of starting a garden so we kept busy doing that. Plus, Jeff had a lapse in memory on Sunday and signed up to do splits with the missionaries for last night so our evening was also unavailable...


We did however manage to squeeze in a little party and some presents in the afternoon. Kaitlyn had an early release day so when she got home we let Madelyn open up one gift...The new Barbie Mariposa movie which they watched as Jeff continued to garden and I made cakes and dinner.
After we ate dinner I called my parents and they came over for the party. She opened her presents. It was mostly a Barbie Mariposa theme and then we had cake...all of us, that is, except Madelyn...She had no interest in cake at all...Next time I am going to make the kind I like.

Thinking about the day M was born...It does seem like it's been five years but at the same time, it doesn't feel like we have had her for five years...I think in the last couple years she has become her own little person and in that she still seems younger to me. Plus my kids are so tiny that none of them look their age...

She is growing up and becoming a darling little lady. I am interested in seeing how she changes between now and when she starts school in August. And then after that how she changes from being in school. We love her so much. She is a perfect fit for our family and we would not be whole without her. (sniff sniff)

My favorite quote of the day was when we were eating dinner and Madelyn said to me, "Mom, I still feel four." She kills me.

4 comments:

Frasure Family said...

So adorable. All 3 of them look like they are growing! Happy Brithday Madelyn! It does seem crazy that she is 5 and will go to kindergarden next year!

Holly Child said...

Happy Birthday, Little Monica, I mean Madelyn!! She looks JUST like you! :o) She's a cutie! It's always interesting to see the difference school makes on a child!! Zoe has changed SO much since starting school...both years! Fun little party. My girls love all things Barbie and so when new Barbie movie comes out it's "all the rage" in our house too! :o)

Kimmy said...

Happy Birthday Madelyn! I need to call you guys...slacker me. Those are really cute pictures. They are such cute kids. So how much was Bronson interested in all her barbie stuff?? lol. love you guys!

Kandice and Rob said...

I wish I still felt four.

Monica! Guess who? :D