Friday, March 21, 2008

Spring Cleaning Fever With A Twist

First and Foremost...I need to send a HUGE Happy Birthday to CHERAMIE!!!! I thought about you all day on Monday as I painted my house (read below). You rock for being born on such a fun/cool holiday...it matches you!!!
Now on to my post.
I should be cleaning my house right now...But I'm not. I should be doing laundry right now....But I'm not. I should be eating my breakfast right now (which is about two hours overdue)...But I'm not. I am reacquainting myself with my long lost friend...my blog...
Oh Blog, old friend, where hast thou been?
The reason I have been away for a bit is because I have been re-painting my house...I got sick of the first colors real fast. As a matter of fact I didn't like them as they were going on in the first place. I just didn't want to go back to the store with 8 gallons of paint to start over...So I ended up with this brown (which was my second choice color to begin with) mess.

Its all good. I love painting. I picked a new color scheme (is that the right word?) and got to work. The "focal" wall is a Venetian Plaster...its awesome. If it wasn't such a focal point I would do the whole house like this. It was fun and easier than I thought it would be. Just a bit of carpal tunnel syndrom to top it all off is a small price to pay for being this happy with it. And I love how it turned out. It took a few tries to get the accenting paint to work. I did not want yellow. But the browner (really beige-er) hues that I liked did not "go" with this plaster wall. So I had to choose the least yellow from the bunch. Eventually I found this. It kind of looks a little yellow in the kitchen due to the lighting, but I am okay with it and I am done painting new colors for a while. I still have the hallways, laundry room and family room to go with this color but I won't be changing my mind again.
What I did not realize until after this project was done was how sore I was. Seriously, I have painted this whole house and not been tired at all but this time I.am.dead. That is the other reason I have been avoiding the blog. I can hardly even type. I actually wanted to do the hallways the day after this room but when I woke up and couldn't open my eyes, I decided against it.
p.s. The furniture arrangement is a little schitzophrenic right now too but I will change all that later too.

And while I am at it, I will show you our new piece of artwork. No, it is not another deer or elk print...It is the AZ Temple where we were married. I have been looking for this specific picture for several years and have not seen in in a while...The other day I ran into Deseret Book just for fun and saw this...it was 20% off and I asked her if she could hold it. I also asked her if there were any smaller prints or whatever and she looked and it was the LAST one in ANY Deseret Book store ANYWHERE...(so she said). I bought it.
I like it. I also like tax returns!

1 comments:

The Waits Gate said...

It looks awesome! I've always wanted to try that technique, but am afraid to screw it up. It turned out really good!