Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Big Day!!

Our first Jeff Hatch family event since Bronson was blessed (in 2005) and since we moved to Arizona and into our own house will take place on May 24, 2008. The countdown has begun for Kaitlyn's baptism. Times have changed since I got baptized 25 years ago. Now you get two dressses: one for the baptism itself (some places just give you a standard jumpsuit, but Kaitlyn is soooo small that that wouldn't work for us. So she is wearing my baptism dress from when I was 8.) and you also get a pretty white dress for after the baptism to wear instead of just any old outfit that isn't wet. We had fun picking out her dress. She tried on about 10 dresses and picked her favorite. It is very much like Giselle's from Enchanted. We also got professional pictures taken. This isn't standard everywhere but both her cousins who have already been baptized got it done and I liked the idea. Now we will have a picture of her in her pretty white dress hanging in the house as a reminder of her decision. Her Grandma Armold also sent a book about her baptism which had places to be filled out by her Primary teacher and her Bishop as well as her friends and her family members. We have passed it around to a few people and hope to get all of it filled in. In the back there is a place for her to journal about her baptism. I think she is going to enjoy writing those thoughts down. She also had her interview this last Sunday and is ready to go.
We have been working on the house since this will also be the first time for many people to see our house since we bought it. Some people saw it a while back before we had done much to it, so it is going to be a kind of house warming event too.

6 comments:

The Benfields said...

It just makes me want to cry! I remember it was just yesterday she was in my Sunbeam class! I miss all of her stories...=) Cher.

Frasure Family said...

She looks so beautiful! That dress is so pretty! I wish we were coming!! Mom is excited to come! That is neat she is wearing your dress!

Holly Child said...

What an exciting thing to look forward too! Kaitlyn looks beautiful in her white dress! That really is a great idea! :o)

Carrick family said...

WOW, YOUR GIRL IS GOING TO BE 8 SOON! WOW, WE BOTH ARE GETTING OLD, HUH? SHE IS CUTE! MY SON WILL BE BAPTIZED NEXT APRIL. ENJOY EVERY MINUTE OF HER SPECIAL DAY!

meghannamarie said...

I love the pic. she looks great. The dress is beautiful, I wonder who helped pick that one out? Just Kidding!! Anyway only 9 more days until the BIG event. I am very excited to come over!

The Waits Gate said...

I can't believe she is old enough to get baptized! She looks so beautiful. I hope that all goes well on that big day.