Sunday, June 15, 2008

Quilter's Block

Okay so earlier this week I was getting my house cleaned pretty well so that I could feel at peace with bringing in some quilting/sewing projects to work on. I have been wanting to do this for a while but I knew I wouldn't enjoy myself with other things going on (ie: baptism, wedding etc.) so I waited until I knew those things were over then I got my house ready to quilt like a mad woman. I finished the house cleaning on Thursday except for some bedding laundry which I could throw in on Friday.
As soon as everything was ready to go, I sat there. I don't know what I want to do. Didn't I have some ideas about a month ago about what I was going to do first, then next and so on??? Yeah, nothing. I had nothing to do b/c I had seriously put this time aside for quilting and now I had no idea where to start or what to do first so I just.did.nothing. This was frustrating. I have tons of patterns, fabric, books, ideas, already started projects, etc. but I didn't even go out into the garage to look b/c I didn't have a good feel for what I wanted to do. Interetsing. Is there a such thing as quilting chi? I hope this doesn't happen when I have my own business. Anyway, today I decided I was going to just get started. Which is why I am here blogging about it!!! Then I remembered one of the things I wanted to do so now I am good to go. Wish me luck and happy quilting.

4 comments:

Michele said...

That happens to me when I sit down to scrapbook. I know I really need to do pages, but I have a creativity block! As soon as I just start I usually snap out of it. Sometimes though, I just can't get creative no matter how hard I try. Good luck!!!

Kandice and Rob said...

Hey, I'm impressed that you even know how to quilt! Very cool. I can barely sew buttons on.

meghannamarie said...

hey sounds like you figured things out so I won't call and bother you ar anything!!!

Amy said...

Hey, at least your house is clean! You're way ahead of me!