Monday, August 18, 2008

ARE YOU SERIOUS? or ARACHNOPHOBIA or TIME TO MOVE~PART 2!

There are so many more things I could call this post including: NOW EVERY SHADOW ON THE FLOOR MAKES MY SKIN CRAWL, and WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL ME?, and HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO SLEEP TONIGHT? You all remember this post... Well, it looks like round two is upon us. This morning I went out to water the trees and almost stepped on this. Luckily I saw it and took a big leap and turned around to see what it was. Oh yes, ANOTHER tarantula. This one is already dead, I think. I just looked at it for a few minutes and it did not run away. Plus there were some ants around it. I am hoping that with the heat of the sun today and the hot cement underneath it will cook to death by tonight when I can show it to Jeff. In the mean time, ummmm, I am putting our house up for sale.

Just yesterday we were visiting my Grandma and the kids were running around all over the place. My Grandma told my Uncle about her chair that had broken so he went into her room to get her chair to take home and fix it. A couple minutes later all the crazy kids came running out saying, "We saw a scorpion...!" So, Jeff went in to check it out and indeed it was a live scorpion. He killed it and brought it out. Grandma thought it was b/c Jon had moved the chair and disturbed its hiding place. Nice huh? Like we were bothering it! Anyway, it could have gotten to my Grandma and that would have been worse but my thought was I bet its that time again when we have to start watching for scorpions everywhere. Little did I know that also meant tarantulas. This is RIGHT OUT MY FRONT DOOR! I hope you sense my horror, people.

I would try to go to "my happy place" but it is probably infested with TARANTULAS!

10 comments:

Holly Child said...

What the CRAP!?!?!?! I'd SO be moving!!!

DeeDee said...

OH MY GGGGoooooossssshhhhh, no holy crap! I was in Phoenix in Jan/Feb and in June and thank the man upstairs I did not see anything of the sort! You could move back to Colorado...we miss you guys!

meghannamarie said...

It's just a trantula Monica Gosh! Just Kidding I can kid because that has yet to happen to me. The trantula part not the scorpion I have had those and they don't really bother me as much as roaches yuck!

Life in the circus said...

hey look, i found you! what a cute family you have! sorry about the spiders, im sure when it happens to me, ill flip out. :)

Carrick family said...

That is scary!!! Watch out for more of them. Good thing, the one is already dead.

Laura said...

YUCK, YUCK, YUCK!! That's why we own a pest control company!!

Michelle said...

Hi Monica, it's your cousin Joel's wife - Michelle. LaVon just sent me the family blog address and I looked at your blog. The first thing I see is a tarantula... Ugh! I guess maybe I'll stop complaining about the crickets in our garage. :)

The Waits Gate said...

Yea~ It's time to move! I can't imagine watching out for these things and the scorpion things! That's scary! I guess I am thankful for winter to kill all the nasty bugs.

Laura said...

PS. FRIENDS trivia.... who and when was this said, "Ooooooo.... it JUST-GOT-INTERESTING!!!"

I thought I was a HUGE fan- but I don't hold a candle to you!

Frasure Family said...

I don't know if we can ever visit if you have soo many large spiders! jk, but seriously I don't know if I could live there! Just reading it freaks me out!