Thursday, September 18, 2008

We Went On A Date!


Sorry about the long distance photo. I didn't want to get into trouble for taking their pic.
No joke! Last night Jeff and I actually went out together without the kids. We went to see this group who came to town. They have a show in Branson, MO. So jealous! But they are originally from Utah and I am sure they are LDS. Seriously how stinkin' musical can one family be? It was pretty good. My mom got us tickets somehow and at first I just thought I would go while Jeff stayed home and watched the kids. He is not really a musical theatre kind of guy. We have been to a couple concerts but he's not into the small scale stuff. But then I went ahead and asked him and he said we would go. Choke, choke...you mean together? Whoa! So we got a baby sitter for the first time in years aside from Mom and Dad who don't count b/c they are paid with priceless memories of their grandchildren which they cannot put a price on. We actually had to pay this one. Jeff called a girl from Primary...She'll be 12 in November and the whole mutual was going to the show. She did great. We had fun. Yay! We might do it again. Thanks to Mom for giving us a date!

4 comments:

Laura said...

So glad you got out!

meghannamarie said...

Yea! That sounds like fun. Justin and I used to do that thing I think you called it a date

The Waits Gate said...

Good for you! What did you pay your babysitter? We're wondering what the going rate is. SOunds like fun!

Hatch's said...

Amelia,
We paid her $10 for about two hours/three kids I don't know what that comes out to but she seriously had nothing to do with them but be there. They were fed and in pajamas and had sleeping bags out in the family room to watch a movie. We called my sister and she said $10 was perfect too. Plus it was all the cash we had. So if you look at it that way, we gave her all we had!