Friday, December 12, 2008

CHRISTMAS POST

My sister emailed me this and I decided to blog the answers and then others can copy it and post to their blogs like a tag but not really!

1. Do you use wrapping paper or gift bags? SEVERAL YEARS AGO I MADE A BUNCH OF FABRIC CHRISTMAS BAGS TO USE FOR WRAPPING. MOST OF THEM FIT PRETTY MUCH ANYTHING I GET BUT IF NOT I USE PAPER. There is hardly any mess and you can recycle the bags instead of throwing away all the paper every year.

2. Do you prefer a real tree or an artificial tree? FAKE TREES B/C YOU CAN PACK THEM UP AND USE AGAIN YEAR AFTER YEAR AFTER YEAR. Again recycling, people.

3. When do you put up the tree? MY WHOLE LIFE GROWING UP I WOULD MAKE MY FAMILY WAIT UNTIL AFTER MY (VERY IMPORTANT) BIRTHDAY. BUT SINCE I HAVE BEEN MARRIED IT HAS GONE UP IN BETWEEN THANKSGIVING AND MY BIRTHDAY EVERY TIME.
4. Do you like eggnog? EEWE GROSS! NEVER TRIED IT BUT IT DOES NOT SOUND APPETIZING AND I AM ALLERGIC TO EGGS (THANKFULLY).
5. Who is the hardest person to buy for? PARENTS~IN~LAW!
6. Who is the easiest person to buy for? MYSELF BUT I LIKE THE SURPRISE SO I DON'T DO THAT.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? YES. I HAVE ONE THAT IS AN ORNAMENT AND ONE TINY ONE THAT I SET OUT BUT DON'T CARE IF THE KIDS TOUCH IT AND ONE PORCELAIN ONE THAT IS MISSING ONE OF THE WISE MEN BUT I STILL PUT IT OUT ON THE PIANO.
8. Do you snail~mail or email Christmas cards? I HAVE DONE BOTH. THIS YEAR WILL BE DONE ON THE BLOG. WATCH FOR IT.
9. What is the worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don't like theis question as every gift should be treasured but to play along...ONE YEAR JEFF AND I BOTH GOT $300 FROM HIS PARENTS FOR CHRISTMAS. HE IMMEDIATELY WENT OUT AND BOUGHT A HUNTING BLIND THAT COST $300. THEN WE WENT TO TITHING SETTLEMENT AND NOTICED AN ERROR IN OUR STATEMENT AND OWED ANOTHER $300. SO GUESS WHO KEPT US HONEST FOR ANOTHER YEAR? THAT'S RIGHT. ME! MERRY CHRISTMAS! p.s. As a side note I was grateful for their gift so that we were able to afford our tithing that year. So still not a bad gift.
10. What is your favorite Christmas movie? OH I CAN'T PICK ONLY ONE...I LIKE A CHRISTMAS CAROL THE CARTOON ONE AND I LIKE THE CHARLIE BROWN CHRISTMAS ONE AND MR. KRUEGER'S CHRISTMAS. I LIKE THE HOLIDAY, THE FAMILY STONE AND THE SOUND OF MUSIC EVEN THOUGH IT ISN'T REALLY A CHIRISTMAS MOVIE. BUT MY FAVORITE NON-CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS MOVIE IS THE GOD'S MUST BE CRAZY. ONE YEAR WHEN I WAS VERY YOUNG, ALL THE COUSINS WATCHED THAT MOVIE IN THE BACK ROOM WHILE MY PARENTS AND AUNTS AND UNCLES AND GRANDPARENTS AND GREAT~GRANDPARENTS HAD A GROWN-UP PARTY IN THE FRONT ROOM AT GRANDMA'S HOUSE! I SWEAR I HEARD SANTA'S SLEIGH LAND ON THE HOUSE THAT NIGHT!
11. When do you start shopping? WHEN I SEE STUFF AND CAN AFFORD TO GET IT.
12. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? PROBABLY.
13. What is your favorite thing to eat at Christmas? GOODIES...FUDGE, PEANUT BRITTLE, COOKIES, CANDY, CHOCOLATE, CHEESE BALLS WITH CRACKERS, CANDIED NUTS.
14. Do you put lights on your tree? YES, OF COURSE.
15. What is your favorite Christmas song? I LOVE CLASSIC CHRISTMAS MUSIC...MY FAVORITE CHRISTMAS SONG IS DORIS DAY AND DEAN MARTIN SINGING BABY ITS COLD OUTSIDE. A CLOSE SECOND IS ELLA FITZGERALD AND LOUIS ARMSTRONG SINGING THE SAME SONG AND THIRD IS EARTHA KITT SINGING SANTA BABY. IT DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THAT.
16. Do you prefer to travel at Christmas or stay home? I LIKE BEING WITH LOVED ONES BUT NOT HAVING TO TRAVEL TO GET THAT. Its tooo much with kids now.
17. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? YES...AT LEAST THE ONES IN THE SONG.
18. Do you put an angel on the tree top or a star? THIS IS THE FIRST YEAR WITH A STAR...UP UNTIL NOW WE HAVE ALWAYS DONE A BELL WITH A BOW (see above photo).
19. Do you open the presents Christmas Eve or morning. OPEN ONE GIFT (PJ'S) CHRISTMAS EVE...WAIT UNTIL MORNING FOR THE REST.
20. What is the most annoying thing about this time of the year? THIS YEAR NOT BEING ABLE TO AFFORD ANYTHING! PREVIOUSLY AND ALWAYS...POLICICAL CORRECTNESS. IT CAN BITE ME!
21. Do you have a favorite ornament, theme or color? NOT REALLY. I LIKE IT ALL. COLOR WISE...I LOVE RED. ALL YEAR THOUGH.
22. What is your favorite Christmas dinner? HAM OR TURKEY.
23. What do you want for Christmas this year? THE MOVIE MAMMA MIA OR SOME COMFY HOUSE SHOES LIKE THE CROCS WITH THE FUR INSIDE..


Woohoo! Now if you want to you can copy and paste this and get a free Christmas traditions post to share with everyone!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

1 comments:

DeeDee said...

This is cool! I did copy it and put it on my blog. I love Baby it's Cold Outside also, my favorite version is Voice Male (a accapella group from church, I went to college with Richard)

The kids sure are growing up and are so adorable! Tell Jeff hi for me.

As for someone being stinky at church...it's their problem, not yours. We all know how cool you are!

Merry Christmas!