Saturday, December 27, 2008

Let The Growing Begin!


You can't see in this picture but I measured her on the wall behind her. She is 41 3/8 inches (105 cm)tall at 8 years 8 months and three days old!
We finally got Kaitlyn's growth hormone okayed by the Dr. and insurance and ordered. It arrived this morning and I immediately got out one dose and gave it to Kaitlyn. She has been excited to get it but when it got here and I said okay lets do it she got nervous. We talked about how it will help her grow taller and not be as small as she is now. She did great. Its a different kind of needle delivery system than we have had in the past. This time we have individual syringes to administer it to her. Previously we have had a cartridge that held several doses. We would just change the needle every time. Not bad; just figuring it out and trying to be gentle as I gave her a shot in the butt! We love you, Kaitlyn, and are proud of you for being so brave.

3 comments:

Laura said...

She is so sweet! Hope she is hanging in there!!

meghannamarie said...

YEA I was wondering if you would get them with the doom of layoffs in the horizon. I can't wait to see how tall she gets!

Hatch's said...

thanks mommy for taking my shots