Monday, April 13, 2009

Here It Is...

Here's the old bed...with last Christmas' quilt.

And here's the new quilt...with our new mattress underneath...
I had specific instructions for this quilt. I love the double Irish chain pattern but have seen it on beds and did not love how the pattern continues under the pillows and off the sides. So I had Mom make the pattern for just the top and added borders on the sides as well as a solid red band where the pillows sit and one more row of Irish chain above that so that the pattern is visible and not distorted or off when the bed is made. If you look closely you will see the red band under the pillow tuck. I love it.
The new mattress is one of those that never needs to be flipped and it is 16" deep. I love high beds that you have to climb into. (Even though I pretty much have to climb into any bed!) I will be buying some black sheets soon and might get a dust ruffle too. We will see.

3 comments:

Dan and LaVon said...

That is a BEAUTIFUL quilt. I love the way you put the band under the pillows and then carried the design on top of the pillows. So clever!!!
Tell your mom she did GOOD!

No puppies, resist the puppies.

Amy said...

I LOVE that quilt! Great color scheme, too. And your bed itself (the black part) is super cute.

Ethan thinks I'm a monster for not getting him a puppy, too. Oh, well!

Rachel said...

The quilt is GORGEOUS! Your mom is one talented lady! Love your bed frame too!