Monday, April 13, 2009

Our Easter Weekend...

For two years now we have been so busy with just fun, family activities that we have actually not had a visit from the Easter Bunny. Last year we went up the mountain and played the whole Saturday before and then just cleaned up and got Easter clothes. (There might have been a few pieces of candy in baskets.) This year I completely forgot to decorate and get provisions for the Easter Bunny's visit. I am okay with it as it is only a secular tradition which has nothing to do with the real reason for Easter.

This year we went to a family reunion involving our second cousins the Curtis'. We have not seen all of them in many, many years and they have this reunion almost every year and invited us this time. It was so great to see old faces and talk like we always knew each other.It started with visiting this pretty horse who is ready to deliver a baby horse (I forget the correct term) ANY DAY! She was so calm and just let the kids pet her. I am sure it hurt to move, but she was very patient.The kids loved seeing her and touching her belly. Then we went on a hike looking for hidden Easter eggs. They were all in the bushes and trees down the trail and hidden in various crevices. The kids ran around looking and helping each other out. After that we noticed a small makeshift pen and wandered over to investigate. It was the biggest hit of the day...PUPPIES!Little did we know that Cathy had planned to give these cute hound puppies away to anyone who wanted one this weekend. Megan, my sister (who was staying at my house by the way) jumped on that and immediately said I'll take one. I want the brown one! Wha?What? Both her husband and I just stood there dumbfounded. Was she serious? I guess so. And she said...This will be their Easter (since she hadn't done much for it either).He has yet to be named but has taken to the family very well. And how could you resist those cute eyes? Well, I did. My kids bugged me the rest of the day. Why can't we get a puppy, Mom? Well, Madelyn is allergic and Daddy is not here and we have to talk about it first. There was also great food and lots of it. Allen made an awesome breakfast including scrambled eggs and waffles and pancakes and sausage and bacon and Wayne made some great pit BBQ with beef and pork. Yummy! The desserts were good too! We had fun talking and laughing and getting to know each other again.

Thanks to Uncle Wayne and Aunt Cathy for going all out and making it a memorable and fun Easter for us.

Here is our Old Grandma (the Curtis' Aunt Anita) with Wayne and Cathy!

2 comments:

meghannamarie said...

I think it will be Max! I can't think of anything better!

Hatch's said...

So just like your kids' names...? just kidding!