Tuesday, April 14, 2009

When You Get A Haircut...

You better go back home...get a barber you have known since you were a little bitty [girl] sittin' in a booster chair 'cuz you might look like Larry, Moe or Curly if a stranger cuts your hair. ~Ray Stevens~
Well, after being so dirty this weekend playing out on the Ranch...the girls' hair was showing how badly it needed trimmed. So on Sunday night I cut Kaitlyn's hair just a couple inches to even it out in the back.
Last night Madelyn decided she too needed a hair cut and gave me specific instructions how short to make it. Apparently she likes to have her hair short. She showed me right under the jaw.

As Kaitlyn was watching, she decided that hers was not short enough. Pretty quickly I determined that I would be doing hers again after I finished Madelyn's. Here's the end result last night right before bed.And here it is again this morning after I fixed it a little for school.
Disclaimer: I do not profess to be a barber or a hair technician of any sort. But I am also way too cheap to take my kids into someone and pay even $10 for their hair to be cut. I mean it is basically a cut-it-short-for-summer-time-'do and I AM capable of accomplishing making hair shorter.

3 comments:

meghannamarie said...

OH WOW! MAdelyn looks EXACTLY like you with her hair short like that! They are both sooooo cute I love it! I can't believe Kaitlyn let you cut her long locks off! Good job I will never again attempt to cut my girls hair!

Frasure Family said...

looks really good. I cut eric's hair to save money too. Although I do not feel confident enough to cut mason's, thank goodness he doesn't have alot yet.

raedene said...

You're awsome! I'm too scared to cut Paige's short. The requirement for me is that it must be able to be pulled into a ponytail, in the case that I have destroyed it and the damage needs to be hidden in a ponytail. Anything can be hidden with a good ponytail. :)